Sunday, 24 January 2016

ITV orders Doc Martin Series 8


ITV has ordered an eighth series of Doc Martin.

The hit comedy drama stars Martin Clunes as a grumpy medic living in a picturesque Cornish fishing village.

Ian McNeice, who plays Bert Large, confirmed the news whilst speaking to The Mirror.

He explained: "We were all invited by ITV to a dinner to thank us for the ratings we have had in October and November and they were the best we have had so far with seven million viewers - on a par with Downton Abbey and everybody was thrilled about that.

"Everybody in the cast was there and then the Head of ITV gets up and says 'We love Doc Martin and as a vote of confidence we would like to give you one more show'."

He concluded: "So there will be Series 8 and we will make it in the year 2017, because we always have a break in between. The future is rosy. We would all like to do more with Martin and God bless them ITV have said they are going to do more."

It is not clear whether the "one more show" quoted from the ITV executive means that the next series of Doc Martin will be the final run. As one of the highest rated shows on TV it seems unlikely the network would willingly axe the format at present, however the cast have been worried for some time that the show will end soon.

Talking about Series 7 - which concluded an eight-episode run in November - Ian McNeice said: "We all thought that was going to be the end.

Keep reading HERE at the British Comedy Guide.

8 comments:

  1. The best episodes of the series were the first four of series 3. Doc and Louisa trying to make a go of it. Lets hope the wirters build on them for series 8.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best series I've enjoyed in a long time.
    The chemistry between Martin and Louisa is the best.
    This series has Downtown Abbey beat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. please keep the show going its great and i enjoy martin very much but i dont get whats with the drugstore lady and her stupid neckbrace>>>

    ReplyDelete
  4. FANS! Sign up for the Martin Clunes home study school of acting. Just shove a stick up your backside. When you begin to enjoy having it there you've achieved the Martin Clunes style of acting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If your partner wants to divorce you, and everything is going wrong in your Marriage, you need to Order this spell that will save your marriage and cancel every on going divorce. no matter how long you have been away with your partner..This spell renews love, passion and it restore back feelings. Once this spell is been cast, your husband or your wife is going to love you,just as the love at first sight. Thanks to this spell,Email(yakanbodosolutionhome@yahoo.com)or call his number: +13397932015.

    MORE INFO ABOUT DR YAKAN BODO.

    1. Getting your lover or husband back
    2. Money spell/good luck spell
    3. If you want to stop your divorce
    4. Protection spells
    5. Get a job spell
    6. Promotion spells
    7. Getting your money back.
    8. Freedom spells
    9. Love spell
    10. If you want to satisfy your partner
    11.You want to be promoted in your office.
    12.Herbal care.( HIV, AIDS, cancer, etc).
    13.You want to be rich.
    Anytime, he might be the answer to your problems. Here's his contact:( yakanbodosolutionhome@yahoo.com ).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to give this miraculous testimony, which is so unbelievable until now. my name is Victor Wood Smith I had a problem with my Ex Wife July-25-2015, which lead to our break up. when she broke up with me, I was not my self again, i felt so empty inside me, my love and financial situation became worst, until a close friend of mine Jacobs told me about a home of miracle healer who helped him in the same problem too his name is Doctor Morusa from South Africa, I email Doctor Morusa the home of miracle and i told him my problem and i did what he asked of me, to cut the long story short. Before i knew what was happening within 24 hours my wife gave me a call and told me that She was coming back to me in just 24 hours and was so happy to have her back to me. We have two kids together and we are happy with ourselves. Thanks to Doctor Morusa homeofmiraclehealer@gmail.com for saving my relationship and for also saving others own too. continue your good work, If you are interested to contact him and testify this blessings like me, the great spell caster Via email address is homeofmiraclehealer@gmail.com Call +27746119056 or facebook at (Doctorl Morusa) you are the best among all the spell caster online I hope you see my testimonies which i promise to share. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I'm here to introduce someone to you all, his name is Dr.Ekpen Temple a spell caster that help me restored my broken relationship, I saw an article on the Internet someone talking about him how he help her in her relationship, today I'm a beneficial of that article, so that is why I'm also talking about how he has helped me so that someone out there that is facing the same challenge can also contact him for help. Here is DR EKPEN TEMPLE contact info: ekpentemple@gmail.com or on Whatsapp number +2347050270218.

    ReplyDelete